Thursday, January 1, 2015

A day later ---- 2014 to 2015

I wanted to make this post yesterday (Or should I say last year? I will stop with the bad jokes I promise) but I was having too much fun to be bothered.. I stayed home yesterday and took a "quieter" approach to New Year's Eve celebration this year, but the noise and vibrancy within was so much more. I played tennis with my church friends in the morning; had so much fun trying to get it --- tennis is a real sport.. yknow how there are some sports that are fake? e.g. bowling... I don't know how it makes your stamina better... or you more fit. It's more like a mind game!! I used to think tennis was not tiring, but it is super tiring and I had fun trying to get my tennis skills (Or lack of it) together. It was pleasant to say the least, the company made up for the bad skills so no complaints there! Met Milton after that and we wanted to watch either Horrible Bosses 2 or some other cool movie e.g. Night at the Museum 2, but the timings and all weren't in our favour (actually they were fine, but M wanted to gym at 6 and me being the ever obliging and fun-loving girlfriend I am, I decided to give in to no-movie so that he can gym.....) So we walked around after that and had fun passive shopping and we also had good pasta and a huge carrot cake. It was fun and the company was 10/10. I got to love this boy.

We said goodbye at about 6++ and I made my way home, got food and started a mini party with my sister, the New Year's Eve countdown on TV was beyond disappointing but it was fun to spend the last few hours of the day laughing! I also read a bit and tumblr-d a bit, thought about what I want to achieve by the end of this year and I am beyond excited! I am going to be a better person, if not for myself, for the people that love and care about me --- I am going to be a better person for them because they don't deserve any less.

This year is also the year I am meeting the "great A levels monster" (Okay, I said it) and though I am worried, I am sure this is still going to be a good year. Of rested increase --- me taking a ride on Grace Express. A year of refinement, a year where I am going to know God in a way like never before. I can't wait! It was the same God back in O levels, it is the same God now. He has done it before, and He will do it again. He will carry me through.

"There is faith proved of more worth than gold,
So refine me, Lord, through the flames." 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment