Spoke to a friend yesterday and he opened up my perspective to a number of things. I have come to a realization/conclusion/understanding (for myself) that examinations do not exactly matter as much as what you have learnt from it; the process, the skills, the thinking, the knowledge. It is a much repeated cliche but i guess it is true when they say that a cliche remains because of the water that it holds. Singaporean youths are indeed unable to think better --- I had fallen into that too. Truth be told, i had been stressed for the A levels as i feel this compelling need to do better than i expect myself to. I understand that because it is a national assessment, the marking scheme etc will not be as ridiculous as i expect it to be. However, however much i tell that to myself i am so afraid that i will unintentionally let my guard down :-( maybe that's why i've stopped thinking since.
The whole syllabus has been; nothing short of a propaganda tool because of the Singaporean context that has been present in a way or another. The government is smart. It is ironic however, that the more i learn about the Singaporean context, the more i feel disgusted at the conformity that has been instilled. I do not want to blend into the background and be doing what everyone else is; i want to evoke change and bring about some form of happiness to people. People, in general. I want to do great things and mighty exploits, i want to have a good life and do good things. It is okay though, 28 more days and i am through! I am beyond excited. I am blessed/gladdened that i am part of this (don't get me wrong), system, rule. It has taught me the notions of conformity, mediocrity, and it has sparked off something deeper within; the immense fear of being that, and hence, a fight to not be it.
Great thanks to everyone that has been around for this journey, and helped me in one way or another. 2 more days and it is the start, i am beyond excited :-) it is a journey for me to conquer, and God's grace will follow me through I am sure. Cannot wait for post-As because of the adventures that will follow :-)
Let this be my (and whoever desires), conclusion to this journey in February/March 2016,
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
2 Timothy 4:7
X
No comments:
Post a Comment